I grew up watching Studio Ghibli animation films as a child. I decided to choose between Spirited Away and Ponyo (both of them being my all-time favorites of many), which I thought I could fully use my creativity for. I chose Spirited Away because I visualized my opening movie title as simple and alluring.
For my proposal (word count: 200), I would like to do these things:
- Use original footage of the beginning from the animated film: Chihiro’s car ride and then the arrival to the tunnel (goes up to 4:30 in the film)
- Add in text and the transitions of these scenes so there will be enough time and space for the credits!
- I wanted to use the film and compare it to real-life. I think it will be difficult to do since I need to research places that are similar to the tunnel. I would need an actress, a good day (with actual spring-like weather), and good equipment (a camera that records video). It will just be for a few scenes, such as the ones below that I can use for my opening movie scene and not use the animated film.
- (possibly of the girl sitting the back seat, bored)
- the tunnel that leads to the abandoned arcade
- sitting in a empty, abandoned train
The girl standing at a bridge (I was thinking about the blue bridge at the park in Arlington!) and trailing her fingers on it or following behind her as she walks and there’s a good view of the water and she looks at the clear and blue skies.